Sunday 30 May 2010

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Today involved a failed trip to Hitchin. There's a cute little kitchen shop I love and I wanted to get a nice oven thermometer for better bread baking but, and please allow me this little rant, nothing was open! Listen England, it's not the 1600's and Sunday Trading Laws are a little behind the times. But even Sunday Trading Laws I can get behind, for the sake of the shop staff, but towns placing higher restrictions then what's required by law is a little ridiculous. Like Hitchin. So no oven thermometer which means I have to postpone trying a loaf of honey wheat bread.

The one thing that was open was Waitrose, which we don't get a chance to go to often. So I bought a nice (read: expensive) bar of chocolate to make Chocolate Chunk Cookies.

You can use any standard chocolate chip cookie recipe for these, just replace the chips with chunks of chocolate of varying sizes from the bar. These are great for chocolate lovers; when the cookies cool, the melted chunks will solidify. Husband was very happy with them, they're almost gone now!

And I get to indulge in a little nostalgic milk and cookies right before bedtime. Lovely sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment