Wednesday 16 June 2010

Cherry Marmalade Muffins

Internet is finally back! At first I thought, what a nice excuse to take a break from the kitchen! Then I started dreaming about frosting cupcakes and how to properly layer good rocky road bars. 

Maybe a break was needed. 

But it didn't last long. Earlier in the week I whipped up a batch of indulgent muffins, smothered in (what I'm proud to say is my) homemade five-fruit marmalade. Great for anytime you want a muffin. 

I didn't have any self-raising flour so I used half plain flour, half whole wheat pastry flour with baking powder but I can imagine with self-raising AND a bit of baking powder they would be a bit more fluffy.

225g (8oz) self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
85g (3oz) caster sugar
120gr (4oz) glace cherries, quartered or chopped (whatever fits your fancy)
2 tbsp marmalade
150ml milk
55g (2oz) sunflower or canola oil spread

Preheat oven to 400/200/gas 6. Grease muffin tin. Sift together flour and spice. Stir in sugar then cherries. Mix marmalade with milk. Add to flour. Beat in spread. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and firm. 

I'm hoping for cake-less dreams tonight. I don't like waking up craving a cookie. Perhaps the time will come when I'll need an inter-bake-tion. Until then, more baking tonight! Keep a look out for it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment