Saturday 26 June 2010

Jam Tarts

After the fiasco of (attempted) cake decorating this week, I figured it was going to be a while until I got back into the kitchen. But nothing gets me back to the oven like a get together centered around food. 

Tomorrow, after the 10k race at Luton Hoo, we'll be having a picnic to take advantage of the lovely grounds at the estate. I'll post the recipe for that cake tomorrow but in the meantime, while jam tarts aren't the best pre-race snack, it's a nice way to use up the left over pastry from tomorrow's recipe. 

It's also a nice way to use up all the jam we have in the fridge. You'd be surprised to know how many half-used jars we have!

Picnic cake is ready to come out of the oven and I need to get some sleep in preparation for the race so it's good night from me and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment